- Torture devices and techniques
- Fighting styles
Since mine is a magical world born entirely in my head I don't need to track technological advancements of a certain century or delve into the rules and etiquette of a certain era. What I do need is to be as realistic in details as possible.
I have demons with wings. I have gods who can freeze time. In a fantasy world, it's only natural. But when I write about things that also happen in our (real) world I need to be careful.
A horse can't run for three days straight, nor can we pick a lock with a wooden stick. At least I haven't seen any evidence of it being possible.
So... I turn to Google.
And just for the fun of it, I'm going to show you a few of my questions.
- How to defend yourself from a dagger/knife attack?
- Torture devices
- How to make a sword?
- How to pick a lock?
- What are the symptoms of slow-acting poisons?
- How long does it take for a person to bleed out?
- Where to hit on the head to knock someone out?
- Photoshop tutorial for creating a map
- The distance a horse can run in a day
- The amount of manure a horse creates... Yes, that's something I have been researching. The answer is about 50 pounds of manure per day (if anyone was wondering :D )
The last few inquiries aside I have seen some pretty disturbing things. I have watched countless videos of people forging weapons and showing how to wield them. How to attack with a knife.
All for my books. I promise!